What is Connectional Ministries?
The Office of Connectional Ministries seeks to be a resource center for our conference-wide ministries in our local churches, districts, organizations and ministries as they work to fulfill God’s mission.
As a conference, we are connected in doing mission and ministry as called by God in making disciples of Jesus Christ. We fulfill this mission in the North Alabama Conference through discovering, developing, and deploying spiritual leaders who will partner with God in the mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation the world.
As tasked by the Book of Discipline ¶608, Connectional Ministries will guide the mission and ministries of the North Alabama Annual Conference by
- Ensuring the stewardship of the vision of the annual conference
- Creating and nurturing relationships and connections among the local church, district, annual conference, and the general Church ministries
- Envisioning ministries necessary to live out the mission of the church through the annual conference
- Aligning of total resources of the conference with its mission
- Providing leadership development for the conference
Connectional Ministries Staff
Rev. Dr. Adlene Kufarimai
Director of Connectional Ministries
firstname.lastname@example.org • 205-226-7954
- Steward of the Conference vision, including serving as the link between projects and programs and the Conference leadership team
- Coaching and consultation, including in leadership system development and MAP development
- Ministry with the Poor, including QuadW and the poverty simulation
- Coordinate the work of the Missions, Advocacy, and Disaster Response teams as staff representative
Rev. John Fleischauer
Associate Director of Connectional Ministries
email@example.com • 205-226-7963
- Point of contact and project manager for partner events
- Annual Conference session planning
- Safe Sanctuaries, including administration of the Conference background check program
- Administrative support for the Connectional Ministries office as well as Conference teams and committees that related to Connectional Ministries
- Provide staff support for the Conference Nominations Team, including data management and developing processes for identifying new members of Conference teams
Be on the look each week for highlights from Connectional Ministries.